Friday, June 13, 2008

Without Underwear?

I was talking to two people who were astonished when I told them I was not wearing any underwear under my jeans. And I wonder, have they ever tried jeans without underwear? It feels so wonderful! And I feel its more natural way of living. If nature had desired us to wear underwear then, in million years of human existence, babies would be born with underwear shaped membrane around our crotches. Also, not wearing underwear cannot even be termed as gross. If I clean myself everyday and wear clean clothes then what is gross?

Its typical for people to react "astonished" when they are confronted with the fact that I can manage without wearing underwear. What is more silly here is that most men (that I know) believe that people wear underwear to hide their inner desires from the world! These people are obviously unaware of advantages of going commando full time!! Scientific reasoning says that underwear has no known benefits, but many drawbacks, especially for men. And it is even more silly to equate hygiene to "cleanliness" which is a misconception. Underwear is not more hygienic than going commando: it doesn't allow perspiration to evaporate and thus promotes microbial proliferation, especially in the hot and humid climate. Though, one cannot stop microbes from escaping the crotch by wearing underwear: its like keeping ants in Elephant cage!

However, when men are concerned, the area covered by underwear is much cleaner than most people think: the hand, feet, mouth and face in general are far more dirtier than the crotch!

And for others, I do not mind letting others know of my hidden desires! Neither do I feel ashamed about it. Also, when clothes are concerned, I feel more comfortable going commando, after all its only about comfort?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.