Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dear God, Make Me The Man My Dog Thinks I am ...

In the world of power and money expect no justice and fairness. The rules of this world are not decided by the wise men and their words. If you believe in these ideals you will be laughed and mocked for your naivety. After twenty eight years I feel enlightened to know that childhood ideals have no value in real world and I need to modify my outlook to the world through the lens of power and greed. Afterall, it has been proven beyond doubt that grand ideals and lofty goals suit either on politicians lips and in a child's heart and I have none!

But still there are times when the ideals like 'fairness', 'equality', 'social & economic justice', 'compassion' reverberates in my mind as if I have forgotten something fundamental about my own self or the dignity in humanity as I expect. Pitiably so, I am embarrassed by the person I had expected myself to be sometime back. So, on the eve of Easter and after this soul stirring epiphany I must purchase a dog and try to be the man my dog thinks I am.



1 comment:

SHAILABH said...

I really like the topic ... Try to be a man my dog thinks I am ...